Office Location: HVAC & AC Service in Orlando, FL
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating the policies and practices of human resources including staffing, compensation, and benefits administration for Air Flow Designs, a rapidly growing heating and air conditioning company, with 4 offices across central Florida and staff of over 150 employees.
- All payroll matters including but not limited to a high volume payroll processing through an outside payroll company; collection and input of missed-punch forms, reviewing timesheets/piece rate sheets, verifications, and garnishment submittals (child support, tax levies, etc.).
- Oversees and places all job postings and open positions; prescreens and sets up interviews at manager’s request; actively seeks avenues to recruit new employees.
- Provide support to employees and managers in various HR-related topics
- Manage daily HR tasks ranging from recruiting to termination
- Overseeing benefit administration including eligibility, new hire enrollment, Open Enrollment preparation, monthly/annual reporting, invoice reconciliation, vendor management and COBRA administration
- Manage claims, leaves of absence, workers comp, unemployment, and more
- Coach managers on employee relations and performance issues
- Manages contents of personnel files including but not limited collection of write ups, corrective actions and conduct violations
- Ensures 90-day, 180-day and annual reviews are sent out to employees
- Maintaining files and protocols to keep compliant with labor and employment laws
- Handles miscellaneous reporting including employee birthdays, anniversaries, PTO and Vacation accruals, and weekly HR report to ownership
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding computer skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work in a team environment with a result driven approach
- BA/BS preferred
- HR Certification
- A valid Driver’s License, ability to pass a background check, and reliable transportation required
- Experience in HR Management of a home services/construction company is preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based in our Casselberry office. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday 8 am – 5pm; 40 hours a week. This is not a remote work position.
We also conduct our search for new team members using our company values as a guide. The following characteristics are required of all applicants:
- Accountability— Holding oneself accountable to our clients, our teammates, and most importantly, ourselves.
- Teamwork— Knowing and understanding one’s place on the team. Knowing and understanding who the coaches are and knowing and understanding that without the coach or without the players there is no team.
- Integrity— Always doing the right thing. Integrity speaks volumes; it shows through our words and actions and has grand repercussions.
- Honesty and Respect— We treat our clients and teammates with the upmost respect, our business model is open and honest.
This position’s benefits include:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Face coverings are required in office but can be removed at your desk which has been spaced 6 feet from other employees.
Experience and Requirements
- Knowledge of and experience in Human Resources management practices including but not limited to full-cycle payroll processing, recruiting, onboarding, off-boarding, familiarity with E-Verify and I-9 processing, employee relations, budgeting, employee incentives, benefits administration, COBRA, worker’s comp administration, and database management
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Experience handling all aspects of Payroll
- 3-5 years of experience with human resources and payroll required