8 Ways to Pick the Best AC Contractor in Orlando & Jacksonville, FL
Fall is almost upon us, but in Florida, we get to experience warm temps all year long, which means your AC can give out on you any day of the year. Having to purchase a new air conditioning unit is never a fun task, but rest assured that Air Flow Designs is here to help you pick out the right air conditioning in Orlando contractor.
Orlando is home to many air conditioning companies, so how do you choose the right one?
- Research: The Internet is a beautiful thing, and you can research and find out license information, insurance, and reputation before you decide on an air conditioning contractor. Visit their website and see what information they have to offer. Check out a company with the state. You can go to www.MyFloridaLicense.com to verify that a contractor is licensed to do HVAC work. Do NOT hire anyone who does not have a CAC or CMC license. Make sure that they are going to pull the appropriate permits with the proper municipalities.
- Ask Your Friends: Friends, co-workers, and neighbors are all great ways to seek referrals. Companies that have great reputations and do excellent work will come highly recommended by your friends. Bad online reviews tend to be biased and good ones are often times faked
- Get Estimates: Doesn’t the saying go, “Don’t buy the first car on the lot?” That’s true for AC contractors. Shop around. This will give you a full glance of what you are deciding on with your contractor of choice. Research the product numbers they give you. Quotes are rarely apples-to-apples comparisons. Don’t be shy to ask a contractor why they recommended x over y like their competitor did. Oftentimes, contractors will cut corners without telling you why. A difference of several hundred dollars on a quote is often a “penny-wise, pound-foolish” mistake.
- Get a Home Evaluation: Don’t settle for an over-the-phone quote. The last thing you want is to get an AC that is too small or too big for your home. A reputable AC company will send out someone to evaluate what you have now, see how well it’s working, and recommend the correct size air conditioning unit for your Orlando home. A salesman should look at not only the current AC system, but should take into account your existing electrical wiring, your insulation, windows, ductwork, placement of your home, and a whole host of other things before making recommendations.
- Special Offers: Look to see if companies offer special deals. The fall and early spring are often when the manufacturers offer factory rebates. A good salesman will help you understand any federal or state tax deductions and guide you towards the required equipment to be eligible for them.
- Look for Energy Savings: ENERGY STAR qualified products offer long-term energy savings which means you can get a little break on that ridiculous utility bill on a monthly basis, or some programs even offer tax deductions. A good company will be aware of any energy company rebates and will file for those credits for you.
- Make it Official: Sign a proposal before any work gets started. This will help protect you and the installation being done in your home. Also, if a company asks for a deposit, look the other way. The HVAC industry typically does not require deposits and full payment is collected during installation. If a company doesn’t have enough cash to cover the initial purchase of the equipment, question if they’re stable enough to be around tomorrow to warranty any problems that may arise.
- Share the Wealth: Tell your friends, family, and neighbors about the great deal and service that you received for your air conditioner in Orlando.
Air Flow Designs has been around for over 50 years and offers exceptional air conditioning services throughout Central Florida. Call 1-800-AIR-FLO1 today to learn more.
& your budget