How to Improve the Indoor Air Quality of Your Orlando or Jacksonville Home
Believe it or not, your home has a variety of indoor allergens and pollutants that cause unclear air. But how do you combat these allergens and breathe easy in your own home? Air Flow Designs, the experts in air conditioning in Kissimmee, offers easy steps that can improve the air quality in your home.
- Clean your home regularly to reduce dust, allergens, and irritants. Dusting with a damp cloth will help reduce the allergens rather than spreading them around with a feather duster.
- Bathe and groom your pets regularly. Their dander and fur can float around your home and get into your air duct system.
- Circulate the air by opening windows (if it’s cool enough) and turning on a fan, especially while you are cooking or cleaning. Vapors, grease, and smoke get released into the air and can linger, affecting your air quality.
- Consider an air purifier that has the AHAM Seal of Approval and notes that sizes of purifiers vary based on how big the room is.
- Replace air filters regularly to minimize contaminants in the air. Typically, every 2-3 months is a solid recommendation. If you have pets, cook a lot, or your filters just seem dirty when you change them, it’s recommended to change them monthly.
- Do your laundry! Larger fabrics such as rugs, drapes, fabric shower curtains, and bedding can house dust mites and other allergens, so it’s important to wash them often.
- Take off your shoes when you enter your home. This will help you avoid tracking in dirt and chemicals.
- Candles and oil air fresheners, while smelling great, actually pollute your air more and release many substances and soot that aren’t healthy and will accumulate in your lungs and in your HVAC system.
- Get your air conditioning inspected on a regular basis and talk to a Kissimmee air conditioning expert about duct cleaning services.
If you are ready to talk to someone about the air quality in your home, call Air Flow Designs. We are experts in air conditioning in Kissimmee and its choice for air conditioning services. For more information, call 1-800-AIR-FLO1.